Community of Hope Church is looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people with the gospel. The ideal candidate is an experienced minister who can lead youth, their parents, and youth staff volunteers. This role will require a candidate with demonstrated experience equipping youth for ministry.
This staff position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
· Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to youth between grades 6-12.
· Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry.
· Recruit, develop, and deploy a team of volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
· Facilitate efforts to equip parents of church’s youth.
· Establish a long-term vision for how the church intentionally disciples youth.
· In consultation with other youth leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
· Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our church and community.
· Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
· Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
· Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc).
· Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked.
· Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the youth ministry.
· Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences (alternating between local, domestic, and international).
· Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
· Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
· If the candidate desire full-time employment, the job description will include other responsibilities suitable to the candidate’s experience, giftedness, and skills.
· Bachelor’s degree. Masters of divinity degree preferred.
· Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal and philosophical commitments of the church.
· Ideally, at least 5 years of experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers.
· Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
· A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
· A team-first orientation with high standards of accountability and professional development.
· Ability to pass a background check.
· Growing in Christian faith and character.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· High aptitude for understanding cultural trends and cutting edge ministry tools and resources.
· A commitment to the mission of the church.
· A clear calling toward vocational ministry. Spouses of married applicants should share an understanding of maintaining a higher level of accountability suitable to this leadership position.
· A teachable spirit, appropriately desiring to give and receive constructive feedback often.
· A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for church leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9; James 3:1)