We’re looking for a musically-gifted, spiritually mature, biblically-grounded Christian to lead all worship ministries at Community of Hope under the directions of our Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate has experience leading worship at a similar-sized church and experience shepherding worship teams.
This staff position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Position is part-time.
· Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the worship services.
· Lead the musical portion of worship services.
· Coordinate unique experiences on special designated services (Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, Communion, etc).
· Develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new volunteers in the church’s worship ministry.
· Develop an annual worship ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
· Work with the Senior Pastor and other designated ministry leaders to upgrade auditorium acoustics and aesthetics.
· Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteer worship team and worship tech team.
· Attend all church staff meetings and retreats.
· Work with youth and children’s ministry leaders to find worship leaders for age-graded worship experiences within the church.
· Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments owned by the church.
· Work with the Senior Pastor to use music to reflect sound theology.
· Bachelor’s degree. Some formal training in music (and specifically church music) is preferred.
· 2 years of experience leading worship in a similar church setting.
· Significant skill as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
· Should be proficient in reading music.
· Broad knowledge of Christian worship music across multiple styles and generational tastes.
· Should have experience leading and managing teams.
· A growing Christian faith and character.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· A commitment to the mission of the church.
· A clear calling toward vocational ministry. Spouses of married applicants should share an understanding of maintaining a higher level of accountability suitable to the leadership position.
· A teachable spirit, appropriately desiring to give and receive constructive feedback often.
· A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9; James 3:1)